Wednesday, September 21, 2005


The practical was in operation yesterday as I sat with the group of moms, all of which hunker down in the den of the pre-schooler. I had not set foot amongst them for many years. They asked me to mentor them and mostly what I have to say is in sympathy. O what a test of will to stay in the presence of a person under the age of 5. I know there are some who love it. And they don't need me. But I have been there and not too happily. The rush of the tension cloud I lived under in those years came back to me. I have been prepared to be compassionate in patience (redundancy for emphasis) and I see that I am giving that same tenderness to myself, or rather am receiving for myself. The principal stands up: those who sow shall reap. I had dinner with my three children last night. The grace of NOT cooking a milestone-we were at the corner diner down the road. Interesting how much I can enjoy them when I am not irritated about a table set and my averse attitude about cooking. So here we are and they are laughing and loving and I the keeper of the history. Their lives an amazement to me. So I dispense my Biography at the table talks and tell the moms that indeed they are not crazy, just learning as much as their children. Patience, patience child...

No comments: