Monday, May 08, 2006

April: Rock and Rheyma

My epic April ended with the Coachella Music and Arts Festival in Indio. Our second year to go, with the added second day means an upcoming summer full of listening to new music and the memories that will be embedded in them.

The crowds put up with me too, I guess, so I can't complain, but rock'n roll allows for a glittering set of pedestrians. We watched the people, oh yes, we did. I'm afraid my company did not provide the same degree of entertainment for onlookers, but we chilled and searched for water and found each other providentially after parting.

My daughter and I had great company. Take note: choose your Coachella mates wisely. They might complain too much. They may insist in dragging you to the Dance tent for a free migraine. But Tim and Merrick and Joel loved the atmosphere as much as we did. As one commented, "we were close enough for them to spit on us!" That's the spirit!
Sigur Ros, My Morning Jacket, Metric, The Dears, The Yeah, Yeah, Yeahs; we liked it. God is in the music and he's is us as we took it in, thankful for a cool breeze, a shady spot and the focus of hundreds on nothing else but the sway of rhythms, sound given and taken in. Rock and Rhyema.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Suzanna...I am so Jealous! Some of those bands you mentioned I would love to see live. I bet it was amazing.I know that I fell in love with The Weepies after your recommendation...any new tips? By the way, I am adding you to my Global Community links in my sidebar.