Monday, April 16, 2007

Writing what I listen to:

It's a bad day. It's a day we can't remember with fondness. It is a day where those who mourn, parents and brothers and sisters and grandmothers and uncles and aunts and grandfathers feel nothing more than the end of the world.

Can we start to feel what people of another race and culture would feel? Can we start to reject violence in all its faces and forms? Can we start to see that those who live by the sword may even unjustly die by the sword?

Many have already beat their swords into plow hooks. In response to violence I want to reject arms and entertainment that makes an excuse for not caring. I reject "Grindhouse" and CSI and first strike.

I knit and I write. I cook meals and I read stories. I pray and I wait for the kingdom hoping that my daily life is consistant with the company of Jesus.
But the bad days come as he warned. The days that are worse than any should have to endure. There are those who wouldn't let themselves believe in a new place, a place of eternal life. But in the gospel of John he is said to have spoken these words:

...I am going away to him who sent me...you are plunged onto grief because of what I have told you. Nevertheless I tell you the truth: it is for your good that I am leaving you. If I do not go, your Advocate will not come, whereas if I go, I will send him to you...

Your grief will be turned to joy.


I agree and let it be so.

No comments: