Monday, October 15, 2007

The Basics


It is easier to belong to a faction that simply tells what Jesus Christ has done for me, and easier to become a devotee of divine healing, or of a special type of sanctification, or of the baptism of the Holy Spirit

It's one of those days. I am letting some peace come into my spirit by just allowing my thoughts to rest on Jesus Christ. I look for him everywhere. It has been a dense fog of late. But my only imagination can be this: That I can know that I am at peace with God.
This is His reason. And when nothing else adds up, then I meditate on one thing that is a conclusion. God is at peace with me. The gospel tells me this. It is the only thing I am listening to now.

But as Chambers goes on to say, the Apostle Paul preached the gospel. I need something to settle on. I may not have the job of telling it like Paul felt he did, but I am needing it like water. Peace like water.

No comments: